- Do not water until the hydro-seed application has completely dried. This allows the tack to set which helps hold the mulch, seed and soil together.
- For optimum seed germination, the soil surface should be kept moist for a period of 6 to 8 weeks.
- To prevent washouts, it is recommended that you avoid watering when heavy rains are predicted.
- To prevent fungus, it is recommended that you water thoroughly every other day when temperatures are 85 degrees or higher.
- The lawn may be mowed after the grass has reached a height of 3 1/2” to 4”.
- The cutting height of the mower should be set no lower than 3 1/2”.
- The mower blade should be sharp to prevent tearing.
- The clippings should only be picked up to prevent ‘clumping’ of cut grass.
- The lawn should be cut with the lawn mower set on 1/2 to ¾ throttle to reduce the amount of suction generated by the mower blade.
- The above procedures should be followed for the first 2 or 3 cuttings.
- Fertilizer should be applied after the first 4 to 5 weeks.
- The weather conditions will determine the type and quantity of fertilizer used.
- Weed killers & pre-emergent must not be used until your grass is established. Usually 10 to 12 weeks under optimum conditions.
- Weed killers should not be used when conditions are dry and/or temperatures are 85 degrees or higher.